Tri State Real Estate Group
Buying a home is a significant investment—and you want a good value
How We Help You Buy Your Next Home
Buying a home is a significant investment—and you want a good value as well as a house and community that suits your lifestyle. We help make it happen by:
- Listening carefully to your goals, needs, likes and dislikes
- Using all the resources at our disposal to identify homes that would interest you
- Provide in-depth market insights to support offer decisions
- Represent your best interests in any negotiations
- Navigate inspections and other tasks as the transaction moves toward settlement
Buying A Home: 3 Steps from Contract to Closing
- Offer Accepted: Team administrator emails you a copy of the fully executed Contract.
- Home Inspection: In the event you do not have a licensed Home Inspector, the Team administrator will copy you on an email with three recommendations of Home Inspectors. Schedule this immediately.
- Attorney Review: You have 3 Business days to hire a licensed NJ attorney to make any changes to the Contract.
- Order Title Insurance: Always order Owner’s policy. Recommend enhanced title policy.
- Earnest Money Deposit: Needs to be a certified bank or cashier’s check that must be Certified mailed to the Title Company or Buyer’s Attorney.
- Lender Documents: Gather any required documentation for your lender (W-2’s, Paystubs, etc) within 24 hours.
Following Home Inspection
- Repair Request: Mail a bullet-point list to the Team Administrator to submit to the Seller.
- Appraisal: Following your home inspection, the appraisal will be ordered, paid, and completed.
- Title Commitment: Once Title is ordered and received, review your Title Commitment and inform your Title Officer immediately if there are any concerns.
- Mortgage Commitment: Commitment to lend to the Buyer.
- Home Owners Insurance: Choose a Home Insurance Policy and inform your Title Company and Lender of the policy info.
- Moving Company: If you are using a moving company, schedule them for your move.
- Transfer Utilities: Schedule to have all utilities transferred into your name for your projected closing date.
- Final Walk Through: Before closing your agent and you will do a final walk through of the property to make sure it is prepared for closing.
- Closing: On the day of your closing, bring your photo ID and certified funds to closing.
Ready to Buy?
Reach out to any of our lending partners to start the pre-approval process